After a quick chunky knit?

Oh my word! If you're looking for a quick chunky knit for winter, look no further my friends! You may remember seeing the first few rows of my recently started Sirdar Raglan Jacket in my last post, but since then it's grown unbelievably fast, despite me being a slow knitter.

In just a couple of evenings in front of the telly (watching the likes of Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy and so on) I've finished the entire back. I can't believe that I might actually be wearing this cosy baby this winter!


The pattern has been really easy so far – some double moss stitch, followed by a few knit rows and finished off with stocking stitch.


And in case you're tempted, here's a close-up of the pattern and yarn. I'm using Sirdar's Raglan Jacket pattern - it recommends using Big Bamboo, but I've gone with Denim Ultra which is a similar weight/type of yarn.


Have you got any tried and tested quick knitting projects?

30 comments:

  1. Wow, that's looking great! Chunky knits grow so wonderfully quickly, don't they? You'll be wearing it in next to no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab! I do like your yarn and colour. I'm a fan of Sirdar yarn, it's good quality, cheaper than most, and machine washable! Good luck with the rest of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, you know where you stand with Sirdar!

      Delete
  3. Very nice, but - hey! Have you changed your design? Love the sewing pattern illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woww You are a fast knitter... looking great

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing that it knits up so quickly. At that rate you'll be showing us the results in a week or two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I love it! I am very tempted! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! What's more fun than a quick knit?! Can't wait to see this finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The answer is, 'nothing is more fun'! ;o)

      Delete
  8. Ooh! That looks lovely and cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love a quick knit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats looks fab! makes me want to take knitting more seriously

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is looking soo good :) I love the look of chunky knits :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the look of this cardigan, I'm still trying to finish a scarf from eons ago! Can't wait to see you finished project on you this winter!!!! No pressure....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good progress! I say it's the darker colder evenings that seem to be producing knit energy! Hmm, chunky knit, that's a good idea!! That is going so be such a cosy cardi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right...wintery weather makes me want to knit so much more than sew!

      Delete
  14. SO....COZY.... that sweater looks like it's gonna be the best. You are MUCH smarter than I. The pattern I ended up choosing for this year's project uses sock weight yarn and 4mm needles. SHOOT ME NOW. I'll be lucky if it's done in 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I'm not smarter! I too am working on a sock yarn jumper on 4mm needles, but it's taking so long that I had to switch to something quick for now. I'll revisit the endless one after again! Haha!

      Delete
  15. Amazing!! Nothing beats a quick fix chunky knit! I might just have to copy this...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, maybe I've set a winter trend eh!?!

      Delete
  16. Oh wow this is just gorgeous - I love the design and the wool you're using - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne...hope the finished thing ends up looking good!

      Delete
  17. It looks great! Am kind of tempted to start knitting again now.

    ReplyDelete