Miette skirt in deep blush

I sound like a broken record, but I'm sure you all know about my skirt fitting issues by now. I've managed to draft one successfully, but I'm still not an avid skirt-wearer. So when Tilly's cute Miette pattern made its debut I was a little reluctant, but I thought a wrap skirt might fit differently. And fit differently it did!

The ties allow you to adjust this skirt to your exact measurements and so I can get away with it sitting a smidgeon lower than non-wrap skirts do. Which makes a big difference to my proportions in my opinion, especially coupled with a cropped number.



I made the pocket version of Miette out of some lovely deep blush upholstery fabric which I found for £1 a metre, making this skirt an absolute bargain! The fabric has a soft, peachy feel a bit like suede...I'm kind of in love with it. Because it's in a solid colour, I thought I'd add a bit more detail to the pockets with a crochet trim. I think it's worked out very sweetly with the cute trim and girly bow!




If you're worried about your modesty with a wrap skirt, you don't have to with Miette. Tilly has designed it with plenty of overlap, so gust of winds won't get the better of you. I cut out a straight Size 3, which is fine as I like a close fit at the waist, but I imagine if I went up a size the overlap would be even bigger and I'd still get a close fit at the waist, due to the adjustable ties.



Finally, a note on the construction. Miette is fairly labelled as a 'beginner' pattern as it doesn't get much easier than this. The part that took me the longest time had nothing to do with sewing - it was turning the darned waist ties back the right way! If you have a bit of experience under your belt, you'll find the simple instructions (with nifty tick boxes!) more than enough to get you through. But if you need a bit of extra guidance, Tilly's online instructions are exceptional. If you're tempted by Miette, do jump in and give it a go - the pattern pieces match up perfectly, it comes together really fast and the end result is adorable.

Two thumbs up for my Miette! Now I need to find (or make) some more fitted cropped tops to pair with it ;o)



Have you made Miette yet? If you need even more reasons to give it a go, check out Tilly's Maker Gallery.

58 comments:

  1. This looks really good on you! I know what you mean about that peachy feel to the fabric - feels so safe and comforting! Great Miette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nessa! Yes, the fabric feels really luxurious I guess!

      Delete
  2. It was so lush to see you yesterday! We need to make it a regular thing. I'm gutted I can't go to Birmingham now! That Miette is fabulous! That rosy colour is so perfect on you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, we finally got to meet! I'm sure they'll be a next time too, don't worry! And thanks for the kind words about my Miette!

      Delete
  3. Looks great - that colour fabric really is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! And of course I adore the crochet trim !!! What a brilliant pattern....you look gorgeous in it....maybe this is your go to skirt pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd approve of the crochet trim Winnie ;o) Maybe it could be my go-to skirt pattern...I have another cut out already!

      Delete
  5. Great skirt and I really like the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great colour and the crochet trim finishes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire...crochet trim makes everything better ;o)

      Delete
  7. Cute little skirt. The pinkish red is lovely with your colouring too. Very flattering. I hope to make a Miette soon but I've so many other projects I've to get through them first! Hopefully next month

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely skirt and that's a really nice detail on the pocket! It goes beautifully with that top too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great colour and lovely trim to the pockets. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your skirt looks great! I really like the colour and the lacy pocket edging, also your top is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this - it's such a pretty colour on you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this on you, perfect colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a pink girl usually, but this shade is so lovely! Thank you!

      Delete
  13. You look adorable! I love wrap skirts. The trim on the pockets is such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh lovely:) the colour is great.. I just made Gerties new crop top pattern.. it might go well with this skirt in different colours/fabrics? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colour, shape, fit, style...EVERYTHING! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks! Well, pop on over and download the pattern I say ;o)

      Delete
  16. I love the skirt and the color! It looks fun to wear. If it weren't a PDF pattern (I don't have a printer!) I'd definitely have this one in my queue as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks, what a shame you don't have a printer! I'm quite cheeky though as I get in early to work and print off my PDF patterns there sometimes. Naughty!!!

      Delete
  17. The colour is fantastic! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Definitely one of my favourite versions. I'm just working up to cutting this myself out of some of the fabric I got on Saturday. Really lovely to meet you by the way, I'm now trying to rearrange a few things so I can make it to the meet up in Birmingham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, very kind of you and I think you'll look amazing in this skirt! Fingers crossed you can make Birmingham...whoop!

      Delete
  19. That colour is simply divine and I love the trim- what a gorgeous make!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love it. the pocket trim is especially cute! lovely to meet you on saturday. can't wait to see your makes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and it was great to meet you too!

      Delete
  21. Beautiful skirt! I love the detail on the pockets. Really nice color! I would of never thought to at upholstery fabric. I think I need this skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, make this skirt...it's so cute! And I can definitely vouch for upholstery fabric in this instance ;o)

      Delete
  22. A beautiful skirt in a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love it, the crochet trim is really cute. The whole
    outfit looks great and really easy and flattering to
    wear.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the lace trimming on the pockets! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All I have to say is: I TOLD YOU SO!!! Hahaha!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so cute! It's such a beautiful color. I love the crochet trim on the tops of the pockets. Such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a gorgeous version of the Miette! I love the pocket detailing you added as well as the colour of that fabric. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks great on you! I love the colour. It sounds like we have similar fit issues, aren't they a pain?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they sure are a pain! But I reckon this skirt would be a good fit for you too!

      Delete
  29. This is so cute! It looks great on you! I'm nearly done making one for my sister in red linen, and it really is incredibly fast and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You literally are the world's sister...red linen will look so yummy!

      Delete
  30. This is so cute! The color and trim are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice job. Love the little details, especially the lace on the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I made one last week but I stupidly chose the wrong material for it. Can't wait to remake it!
    Yours is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the lace on the pockets! And I love the pattern it was so easy to make and really cute!

    ReplyDelete